Sunday, October 3, 2021

Greeting the Attractive One

 Song 583: This week the playlist recognizes Hey, Good Lookin' by Hank Williams, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Mr. Hank got everyone riding on this mover just as the summer of 1951 arrived, a couple of months before I was born, and about a year-and-a-half later, his life ended. During that decade, every summer my parents and grandparents took the family to western Ohio to visit my father's relatives, and within a few years my aunt and uncle would give me access to their stereo record player and their country music LP collection. I soon came to appreciate the remarkable Williams fellow and his extensive catalog. Regardless of the source, most of the classic spinners that grabbed my attention didn't usually register with other family members, but this particular one did, to the point that I can remember my mother singing along with it, which she rarely if ever did on any of the other anthems. The only other Hank hit that I recall family members singing along with was Jambalaya (Song 471). While I myself haven't got a hot rod Ford, I do have at least one two dollar bill (possibly more). With the current unresoved pandemic situation, I can imagine someone deciding to throw their date book over the fence, but I still think maybe we can find us a brand new recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment