Sunday, August 1, 2021

Attached Amiable Youngster

 Song 574: This week on the playlist you’ll find Sweet Child o' Mine by Guns N' Roses, written by Axl Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. After featuring a Sweet Child last week, this time around, the spotlight shines on another particular affectionate young one. This strong rumbler arrived a few months before I left Berkeley and headed back to the East Coast, and I got to hear it a few times as I prepared for my journey. Knowing that I would soon leave behind an attractive temperate region and return to an area that has seasonal temperature extremes, I had my own answer to the question Where do we go now? Today, almost 33 years after that trip, hearing the query again really resonates, but in a totally different way. I could not have foreseen the kind of pandemic scenario that has unfolded over the last year and a half, but perhaps if we pray in the right way for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass us by, maybe we will figure out what to say when someone asks us Where do we go now?

No comments:

Post a Comment