Sunday, September 29, 2024

Fantasy Follower

 Song 739: This week the playlist puts the spotlight on Daydream Believer by The Monkees, written by John Stewart, and you can find a cool YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. This musing vision came along around this time in 1967, soon after I began my junior HS year and our school's football team had their homecoming event (which it again had a couple of days ago). While my parents and grandparents did not approve of the devil's music, I did get to experience the Monkees more than a lot of other rockers I liked because of their TV show, which I sometimes got to watch when the folks were not around. That being the case, I quickly learned a number of their tunes and could soon sing along with them. Back then, my good times would often start and end without dollar one to spend because my family had very little money available for entertainment, but they did manage to figure out inexpensive ways to generate pleasure, such as by hiking in the Adirondack Park. I also appreciated my folks providing me with an electric shaver in my last year or two of HS, so I never had to use a shavin' razor that was cold and that stings.

No comments:

Post a Comment