Sunday, December 3, 2023

Kris Kringle Thief

 Song 696: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's humorous spin Pick-Pocket Santa comes from one of my closest Fast Folk buddies Jeff Tareila, written by Jeff Tareila and Christian Bauman, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Surprisingly, this marks Jeff’s first appearance in this collection - I thought I had included one of his tunes earlier and just found out that I didn't do that. With the Claus guy due to arrive 3 weeks from tonight, this seems like the right moment to share JT’s caution about a certain fancy-dressed thief. I had connected with the FF circle not long after moving to Brooklyn in September of 1988, and I quickly became close friends with Jeff, so when this funny piece graced FF Volume 6 Number 8 in December of 1992, it soon got me chuckling. Having resided for a decade in CA before I got to Brooklyn, I understood that California smells like popcorn and that New York smells like a beer. In different places where I've lived, I've also seen the lights of Christmas time upon my neighbor's lawn, but no matter where I've been, Santa NEVER bumped into me on the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment