Sunday, December 10, 2023

Savory Urban Female

 Song 697: This week the playlist comes around to Sweet City Woman by The Stampeders, written by Rich Dodson, and you can find a cool YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. As the warmer weather months arrived in the course of my sophomore college year in May of 1971, so did an enjoyable romantic anthem about a sugary urban dame. Even though I spent my school year time living in the city, I still considered myself a country guy. During the previous summer, I had given up on the possibility of a romance with a gal from my semirural hometown, and then, between February and April I had a brief fling with a young female who I had formerly been just friends with, and who I would again become just friends with. While I really liked The Stampeders piece, and I enjoyed singing along with the chorus, I expected at the time that I would eventually hook up with a rural young lady. I did appreciate getting to see lots of attractive metropolitan chicks, on campus and nearby, but I did not expect then that when I returned to the Chicago area at the end of the summer that I would meet and soon start embracing a Sweet City Woman. She had a pretty face that would shine her light on the city nights, and before long, I knew for certain that she had a way to make me feel shiny and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment