Sunday, August 27, 2023

Pursuing Reverberations

 Song 682: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's ringing excursion Following the Echoes comes from my East Bay comrade Jeff Larson, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. In 1979 we met in a small San Francisco club after each doing short sets on stage, and we soon developed a close friendship and musical solidarity. For the rest of the decade that I resided in the East Bay area, we would often share songs, riffs and ideas, providing each other with melodic inspiration. When, back in 2016, I started posting one of my songs every month on SoundCloud, after hearing a CDBaby podcast that mentioned another independent musician doing so, I soon began hearing this tune on SC every time after I played my monthly release, and it didn't take long for it to become one of my JL favorites. A year or two ago, it got replaced by a piece called Matter of Time that I featured here 7 weeks ago, but that did not effect how much I continue to enjoy this one. I certainly did not get too close for comfort on this ride, and I can't imagine how anyone possibly could ever do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment