Sunday, December 25, 2022

Cardiac Chilling

 Song 647: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's cool ride Heart On Ice comes from another one of my Fast Folk colleagues Judith Zweiman (who also wrote the song) & the Answers (her backup band) and it marks her first appearance in this series. You can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I met her soon after I accepted the responsibility of handling the booking and acting as MC for a weekly early evening acoustic set at a lower Manhattan folk club in the fall of 1988. I recall seeing and hearing her and her musical partners doing a few performances during the stretch when I did that job, and I liked the sounds I heard coming from the stage, plus I soon enough had a copy of their cassette release that got a bunch of spins on my player. I had never heard this particular jaunt until recently, but as soon as I did, it became another one of my favorites. Back in the era when I did sometimes stretch with the all night shiners hanging out in the night cub scene, I personally never felt that I had to keep my heart on ice or chill my holy soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment