Sunday, December 4, 2022

Mouth Your Passion

 Song 644: This week the playlist applauds Say You Love Me by Fleetwood Mac, written by Christine McVie, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I saw a TV segment featuring Fleetwood Mac in 1974 and while it didn't excite me, I had this impression that the group did have major potential, and when the Buckingham/Nicks duo joined the ensemble the following year, the band hit a whole new level, and justifiably so. I really relished the album they released that year, which included this gem, and as I acquired the 33 and paid more attention to the quintet, I also increased my appreciation of keyboard player Christine. This marks her third appearance among this collection as the singer and songwriter of prominent Fleetwood Mac tunes, with Over My Head being Song 341 and Songbird being Song 413. I decided to once again highlight the woman who had had a Perfect last name before marrying the band's bassist, mainly because of the sad news about her demise a few days ago. Evidently she was getting weaker, weaker every day, and she was not as strong as she used to be, but I doubt it was someone using her again that was the end of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment