Sunday, July 31, 2022

Extreme Warmth

 Song 626: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's moving ride So Hot comes from one of my rocking NJ songwriter buddies, Joe Canzano, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. He and I hung out a few times together in the 1994-1996 period when I lived on the farm that appears in my song video As Long as Merle is Still Haggard (which you can hear and see on YouTube by clicking on the title). After I moved back to Brooklyn, about 3 years later he recorded the tunes for his Guitars, Stars and Candy Bars CD in 1999. I helped him design and put together the graphics for that album, which includes this blazing spin. Yesterday I spoke with a friend living in Oregon who told me that this coming week the daily forecast highs will be over 100 degrees F, so tonight seemed like an appropriate moment to feature a real sizzler. Of course, it’s a dark, dark day when you walk away from the only light you can see, but on those days when a man cannot give a damn about politics or poetry, he can still feel So Hot for a particular female.

No comments:

Post a Comment