Sunday, April 24, 2022

Interior Contents

 Song 612: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's enchanting dive Inside comes from a fellow singer/songwriter Patti Rothberg, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. She has definitely lit up my past 2 decades. Appropriately enough, we met each other in a studio one evening in the fall of 2003, and the more I got to hear her music after that, the bigger fan I became. This gem, which enlivens her first album Between the 1 and the 9 and rolled out as her first single, rose to #25 on the Billboard magazine Alternative chart, though I hadn’t heard it until I met her. It also spiced a 1998 movie The Misadventures of Margaret that appeared in France and the U.K. She gave me copies of her CDs, which got plenty of spins on the player, and when I got my first iPod in 2008, I soon added her albums to it, so this tune and all her other ones have often brightened my scenery ever since. As the weird pandemic scenario unfolded and the world turned strange over the last 2 years, a lot of folks haven't done a thing on many days but just sitting around, wasting time away, and even if they wanted to, all too often, they couldn’t go outside, because there was nothing they’d be allowed to do. Hopefully we have gotten beyond the oddball situation and we won’t have to go down into a big black hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment