Sunday, April 17, 2022

Later on the Third Day

 Song 611: This week on the playlist you’ll find Tuesday Afternoon (Forever Afternoon) by The Moody Blues, written by Justin Hayward, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. This marks the first appearance of TMB on this list, despite my intention to add them much sooner. If I knew anything at all about the group during my HS phase when this ramble arrived, I think I would remember it, particularly in light of my own long history with violins and orchestras in that period. Along that stretch, my interest in RnR seemed to conflict with my classical experiences. When, as a young independent adult a few years later, I had more freedom to explore the sounds I liked as I crafted my own personal singer/songwriter style, I found this crew and their Days of Future Passed album a captivating ride, and it, along with other influencers like King Crimson, helped me to add a classical element to my own tunes. In the summer of 1972, my female companion and I spent about a month residing in a Nashville apartment with my close childhood buddy who got a place in that area because of serving in the military. Though he may have had a few other LPs, nothing else in the place interested my partner or myself, so we listened to DoFP at least a few times every day, and I will forever associate the 33 with my month in Music City. Interestingly enough, in doing this blog, I learned that my older brother, who sadly died 11 years ago, had been a big fan of The Moody Blues, often singing along with them as he played their records on his machine. When the third day of the week arrives, if you're looking at yourself with reflections of your mind, it's just the kind of day to leave yourself behind, but gently swaying through the fairyland of love with the right sweetheart, maybe you'll see the beauty of Tuesday afternoon. On a side note, during my late teen years I thought of 2 WRONG band names, and I've yet to find a use for them, but this may be the appropriate moment to mention them - The Bloody Muse and The Dreadful Grape.

No comments:

Post a Comment