Sunday, April 3, 2022

Your Entire Inhalation

 Song 609: This week the playlist puts the spotlight on Every Breath You Take by The Police, written by Sting, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. This hit came along shortly before the summer of 1983 arrived, which would actually mark the mid-point of my decade in the East Bay, although of course I couldn’t know that at the time. During that stretch, one of my guitar comrades handed me a golden deal where for a very affordable price I bought his grandmother's 1967 car, which only had around 40,000 miles on it when I got it, so for the next 5 years I had a reliable vehicle. The City of Berkeley has an excellent public transportation system, but having a good car, in addition to making it easier to get to gigs, also made it possible for me to visit inspiring places like Yosemite and other Sierra treasures. Not long after I got the wheels, I did at least 2 or 3 trips where I got to hear this gem sailing the radio waves, and it made the ride feel even smoother. You might already know this, but these days, every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, every smile you fake, every claim you stake, every vow you break, every single day, every word you say, every game you play, every night you stay, someone might be watching you, so you should probably watch your step, your smile, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment