Sunday, January 16, 2022

Colored Indigestion

 Song 598: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's amusing jaunt Heartburn Blues comes from my colleague Rob Lytle, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I hooked up with him back around 1989. He animated the New England folkie scene, while I hung out in the NYC singer/songwriter circle, and we would often bump into each other when I would head up to NE music events like the Sober in the Sun Festival. Recently finding his YT channel, I soon gave this gem a listen, and it quickly raised a grin on my end. When I first started my own YT channel (which resides at https://www.youtube.com/user/daveelderdotcom), I did a weekly segment performing a tune live (which I labeled a rough cut video), and I felt a bit disappointed that I came across very few similar efforts by comrades, so I savor discovering a buddy who does do that, as Rob does here, and on other videos from his channel. In addition, over the years I have found very few lyrical word games of the kind I relish that enliven compositions coming from my cronies, so when I do catch one of those, as in this clever sparkler, it tickles me all the more. Of course, there is a learnin' and a burnin' when someone's stomach gas is churnin', but is there some purple pill that person can take to free that stomach from all the trouble? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment