Sunday, September 1, 2019

An Unusual Reaction to a Break-up


Song 475: This week on the playlist is a good week for Walking the Floor Over You by Ernest Tubb, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. One of my favorite LPs from my aunt and uncle’s country music stash that I often enjoyed spinning on their turntable during our visits to their Ohio home every other year back in the 1960s was a country hit collection from that era, which included this track, in addition to a number of other cuts that have appeared on this list, the most recent previous example being Wabash Cannonball (Song 466). Relishing Mr. Tubb's saga, I soon came to believe that walking the floor over a lover who had moved on was a normal and common behavior, though during my early adult years in the following decade, I soon dismissed that idea, since I never saw anyone do it, or ever heard of anyone doing it. Now someday you may be lonesome too, and of course, Walking the floor is good for you, but I would bet that, if indeed, your heart breaks right in two, probably you will find a different way of expressing your feelings, even if you can't sleep a wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment