Sunday, September 8, 2019

The Flame Comes and Goes


Song 476: This week on the playlist you can hear Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. By the time If You Could Read My Mind (Song 398) began climbing the charts in early 1971, I had developed an interest in Gordon Lightfoot, and as I added his LPs to my collection in that era, my appreciation of his music continued to grow. When this hit came along a few years later, though, I felt like he had exceeded my heightened expectations, and it remains one of my all-time GL favorites. During that stretch, I rode the romantic roller coaster a few times, and more than once, I also could have said Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feeling better when I'm feeling no pain. Even today, I can picture every move that a man could make, and there might be moments When I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again, though these days, those feelings do not come from a romantic roller coaster ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment