Sunday, September 13, 2026

Mistaken Part of the Color Spectrum

 Song 838: This week the playlist puts the spotlight on Wrong End of the Rainbow by Tom Rush, written by him and Trevor Veitch, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. During the summer of 1970, I listened a lot to that Taylor guy's Sweet Baby James LP, and when the autumn arrived and I returned to Northwestern University, I began to add more singer/songwriter 33s to my collection. That fall I heard a couple of tracks on my favorite local FM station from an interesting Tom fellow that got me to add a pair of his albums to my stack, including the one that featured this misdirectional conclusion. At the time, I did not do as many performances as he did, so I did not get to experience a rainbow life from show to show, but when I developed a romantic connection in that era, fairly soon I also lost my love, so I certainly did come to understand the sad shade of a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment