Sunday, September 27, 2026

Donate Some Passion

 Song 840: This week the playlist puts the spotlight on Gimme Some Lovin’ by The Spencer Davis Group, written by Steve Winwood, Spencer Davis and Muff Winwood, and you can find a cool YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Sixty years ago, around the time I began my sophomore HS year, I started hearing an anthem emerging from the radio speakers about a guy demanding some affection, and it didn’t take long to learn the chorus and sing along. At the time, I had a few friends who might have experienced some discomfort from the warmer temperatures, but that heat did not bother me, so I never felt that the place where I hung out was on fire, though I did understand that some friends often did feel that way. About a year earlier, the young female who had previously captured my imagination had moved with her family to California, so I never saw her again. While I did still enjoy the company of other attractive females in my age range that I shared spaces with at our high school, it would take about a year-and-a-half after this hit before I met another one who triggered a feeling in me that made me want her to gimme gimme some lovin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment