Song 835: This week the playlist comes around to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles, written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, and you can find a cool YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. After the Fab Four rocked my world in February of 1964, I did pay attention to their fellow British Invaders as well, but I also continued to keep an eye (and ears) on them, and during the summer vacation of that year, I really liked hearing about their difficult time period! I soon found out that they had a movie for which the tune served as a title and a theme, and I would have liked to see (and hear) that film, but my family did not approve of viewing a movie in a theater, so the only ones I got to see back then were the ones that appeared on TV. The radio did give me some chances to hear the moving anthem, and then later, in my young adult years, I did get to view the classic film! During my school years, I tried to be a good boy, working like a dog on homework, but even when I did, oftentimes I could NOT spend the night sleeping like a log!
No comments:
Post a Comment