Sunday, May 14, 2023

Short Hispanic Mover

Song 667: This week the playlist applauds Little Latin Lupe Lu by The Kingsmen, written by Bill Medley, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Not long after the Beatles rocked my world, I started hearing, and paying more attention to, a bunch of other rockers, mostly from the British invasion but with a few notable exceptions, such as this dancing anthem. I don't recall whether I just heard this one on the radio or if I had a nearby friend who would spin the 45, but I did get to hear it quite a bit during the warmer months of 1964 as it rambled around the charts, and when I did catch it, it really made me feel like moving. Of course, growing up in a fundamentalist home, I had to ignore the lyrical implications about dance steps, because that religious sect judged dancing to be an evil action. However, if you wanna do the duck or if you wanna do the twist today, that won't bother me, and it wouldn't have done so for any of my independent adult life - do what you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment