Sunday, February 12, 2023

Frosty Descension

Song 654: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's cool dive Snow is My Downfall comes from a fine melodic crony Patti Rothberg, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I got to meet her a year after she put out this single, and while I had not known about her music previously, I soon got very impressed with the sounds and words riding my ears that came from her. Not long after my recording partner David Seitz introduced us to each other in a studio, I got involved in a project that included a bunch of videos of Patti performing her songs, and I quickly noticed that I liked them ALL. She has a much stronger sense of melody than far too many of our songwriter colleagues, whether personal or not. In addition, she enjoys playing the kind of word games in her lyrics that I relish cooking up, with this tune's moniker being a prime example, as well as the title track of her second album CD Candelabra Cadabra. Patti actually sent me a copy of this CD single a few years ago, and I genuinely appreciated that gift. I had decided to feature this gem on the personal friend week in the middle of winter, assuming that it would illustrate my area's outdoor precipitation, but, ironically, in my neighborhood we currently have no white coating outside, so Snow has not been Downfalling here lately, and I hope that seven weeks from now, on 4/2, the white stuff doesn't have any Downfall in that period either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment