Sunday, January 8, 2023

Appetizing and Chilly Hangers

 Song 649: This week the playlist recognizes Popsicles And Icicles by The Murmaids, written by David Gates, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. This cool and tasty piece hit the menu shortly before the Beatles rocked my world in February of 1964, and once I started paying more attention to the radio because of the Fab Four, it probably crossed my radar soon after. I relished the way the female trio took the listeners along an appetizing lyrical word game. Growing up, I personally enjoyed having Popsicles whenever I could, and my working-class parents and grandparents could afford to offer me that kind of gift a lot more often than other more expensive fancier ones that a few of my middle-class friends regularly got to ingest which I didn't. In that era I frequently had fun during the chillier season playing with buddies in the outside piles of white stuff, which would sometimes get adorned with Icicles. Back then, very rarely did I wear fancy clothes but in the warmer months I did get to play baseball and then I could find a bit of heaven right before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment