Sunday, October 2, 2022

Unavoidable Clutches

 Song 635: This week the playlist applauds Hands All Over by Soundgarden, written by Chris Cornell and Kim Thayil, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I don't think I knew about this rumbler when it showed up on the quartet's 1989 album Louder Than Love but it definitely got my attention when it appeared in their 1997 hit compilation A-Sides which I added to my collection soon after the disc came along.  During that era I gave the record a spin for at least a few times every week. Back then, I did not perceive a striking motion where trees fall down like dying soldiers, but a few years later, not long after the New American Century arrived, suddenly I got stunned watching the huge greedy hands all over western culture who kept ruffling feathers and turning eagles into vultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment