Sunday, October 9, 2022

Endless Adoration

 Song 636: This week the playlist recognizes Never My Love by The Association, written by Dick and Don Addrisi, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. This marks the premier appearance of this particular sextet among this collection. I think the first time the group crossed my ears happened in the summer before my sophomore HS year when they let us know that Along Comes Mary. During that school year, at some point I managed to acquire a modern music song book, and I spent a lot of time with it, learning how to play songs on my home piano, including one called Cherish that I hadn't yet heard. Then, in the summer following that school year, these six fellows shared their NML perspective. Whenever this 45 comes to mind, I always picture the barber shop where my parents regularly took me to get my hair length shortened, so I must have heard it there, and really enjoyed doing so. If you ask me if there'll come a time when I finally grow tired of a melodic ramble that I have relished for over 55 years, how could you think my love for this hit will end? Never will my love for Never My Love ever come to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment