Sunday, August 28, 2022

An Additional Partition Slab

 Song 630: This week on the playlist you’ll find Another Brick In The Wall, Part Two by Pink Floyd, written by Roger Waters, and you can find an entertaining YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. The Floyd four got a lot of notice in the later 1960s, initially for their psychedelic approach that included sonic experimentation in extended compositions. My first roommate at N.U.'s Bobb Hall in the fall of 1969 really liked his PF 33s, but when he played them, they didn't impress me. However, when their Dark Side of the Moon ride arrived in 1973, that one quickly grabbed my ears, and I especially savored Us And Them (Song 415). I admired the way Mr. Waters illuminated the divisive strategy behind warmongering, and in recent years he has also made public statements exposing nefarious U.S. imperialism, which I highly respect him for doing. That being the case, I decided to feature another one of his gems today due to similar recent events, this one coming from late 1979, a little over a year after I hitched out to the East Bay of CA. Earlier this month, in a CNN interview, Roger called POTUS Joe a war criminal fueling the fire in Ukraine while lambasting NATO for pushing right up against the Russian border. Telling those truths resulted in him getting added to a notorious Ukrainian website list of people it accuses of spreading anti-Ukrainian propaganda. Critics refer to this collection as its kill list, which sounds disturbing to me. I hope that Mr. Waters will not lose his life as a consequence of his moral integrity. He told us all 5 decades ago that we don't need no thought control, and that's just as true today - it's just another brick in the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment