Sunday, August 21, 2022

Feline Existence Expectancy

 Song 629: This week the playlist applauds Nine Lives by Aerosmith, written by Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and Marti Frederiksen, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. About nine months before the album that features this title track arrived in early 1997, my father left the land of the living, but of course, like all of his fellow humans, he only had ONE life. I don't remember exactly when this rocker grabbed my ears, but when it did, I certainly respected its feline purrspective. A few years earlier I had written my song It Takes a Cat and around the time Aerosmith started telling us all about multiple survival epochs, I began the recording project that would include my furry anthem. Unfortunately, that venture ran into several obstructions, but finally last year around this time I released my cat single Purrfection, which opens with the short version of ITaC. Soon I hope to complete the album that I started working on 24 years ago, and But Really will include the extended take of the tune. When I get that CD done, I'll let everyone know there's a new cool and that, no doubt about it, the moment of truth has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment