Sunday, February 27, 2022

Snappy Flavoring

 Song 604: This week the playlist recognizes Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) by Looking Glass, written by Elliot Lurie, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. 5 decades ago I headed south from my place in the Chicago region to hook up with my female companion in Atlanta, GA, soon after she had gone south. We spent a couple of weeks in a Christian commune at the Koinonia Farm, and then headed back north as I searched for the magical musical-business connection that would make me famous. We stayed with my partner's parents for a while in the Chicago suburbs, and as summer came along, we took a 2-week trip to the NYC area so I could have an appointment with a prominent Manhattan producer. While I don't remember the man's name or his office location, I do recall other moments on the ride, including special instants hearing this chart topper. My mate had worked as a waitress, though when customers asked her to fetch another round, it would have been food and non-alcoholic beverages because she didn't work layin' whiskey down, but what a good wife she would turn out to be. I always told the truth, if possible, as I tried to be an honest man, but when we both could feel the ocean fall and rise, what we saw in its ragin' glory would unfortunately take too long to understand, as I explain in my book Expecting the Broken Brain to Do Mental Pushups (I hope to have Edition 2 done soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment