Sunday, March 6, 2022

Unidentified Location

 Song 605: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's intriguing jaunt Whereabouts Unknown comes from my East Bay partner Jeff Larson, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. It seemed like an appropriate moment to feature him since he observed his birthday yesterday. We hooked up soon after watching each other perform at Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco one night in 1979. I liked what I heard coming from him, and he had a similar regard for my set. We quickly developed a close friendship, exchanging our fresh melodic inspirations and even performing as a duo for a certain stretch. He released his CD Left of a Dream in 2009, and he soon sent me a copy. I got my iPod around that same time, and LoaD became one of the first discs to enhance that music player. Over the years, I have listened to the album a lot, and I made its opening cut The Ghosts of San Miguel my first personal friend song on this list at #3. Prior to tonight, I added 2 other tracks from the CD to this list - Child's Play became Song 409 and Leaving California became Song 493. Even though the timing is now, spring should arrive in a couple of weeks, and when it does, hopefully we can see the flowers from home, plus the sticks and the stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment