Sunday, March 13, 2022

Completely Favorable Feeling

 Song 606: This week on the playlist you can hear Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five, written by Dave Clark and Mike Smith, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Shortly after the Fab Four rocked my world in February of 1964, other members of the British Invasion got my attention, including this particular quintet, and tonight marks their first appearance in this gathering. I quickly became a fan of the 5 as well as the 4, and I have a vague memory of a warm afternoon, before summer vacation arrived, when a school group that included me got to attend a free short set by the DC5 in the town across the river. I had heard this hit enough to truly relish it, and I recall it enlivening the sound waves that we the audience on that warm afternoon got to savor. Despite the troubling aura of things taking shape on the horizon lately, I want to send out an optimistic vibe, hoping that most of us will have no sorrow, that we'll never be blue, and that we can look forward to feelin' Glad All OverThat's how I felt when I first heard this tune, and that's how it makes me feel hearing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment