Sunday, June 13, 2021

An Extremely-angry Female

 Song 567: This week on the playlist you can hear Mad Mad Judy by Buzzcocks, written by Steve Diggle, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I started this series of female-name-titled songs 3 weeks ago with a tune about a certain woman named Lucy, but the next 2 were both named Judy, and I decided to continue with that moniker, particularly after having discovered a list of top Judy songs which included this gem. It first came along in the late 1970s, and I don't recall whether or not it crossed my radar back then, but hearing it again, it did sound familiar. Even during the era of its release, when I was in my late twenties, if someone told me they had all the answers, I could not have taken that assertion seriously. It would have sounded even more ridiculous to hear there ain't nothing left in all the world except diversity, or there ain't nothing left in all the world except obscurity, but I can think of at least a few times in my life when it definitely DID feel like there ain't nothing left in all the world except insanity, with the current pandemic scenario being just the latest example. Under the present circumstances, it's not hard to imagine a mad mad girl who is mad at all the world because she wanted something she never got. Tell me about it  - I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment