Sunday, June 20, 2021

A Female With a Shinier Viewpoint

 Song 568: This week the playlist comes around to Jewel-Eyed Judy by Fleetwood Mac, written by Danny Kirwan, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. This cut just became the fourth Judy tune in a row on this list. I had gotten to know a few FM rambles but I didn't become a major fan of the group until the Buckingham/Nicks duo joined. Shortly after that pair amplified my interest in the band, I gave their earlier recordings a closer review. I added a bunch of FM discs to my LP collection, at some point including their 1970 classic Kiln House, which soon got lots of spins on the turntable. This marks the third appearance of a KH gem on this list, following Tell Me All the Things You Do (Song 6) and Station Man (Song 64). Even in the current troubling pandemic situation, I can see in a dream thoughts so clear and jewels that gleam, including this track. Of course, some folks might have a tough time answering the question can you see where it is you're meant to be (?), but I would like to wish everyone well - where you lay your head tonight may the stars find your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment