Sunday, November 22, 2020

Taking Steps This Evening

 Song 539: This week the playlist features Dance Tonight by Paul McCartney, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Similar to last week's post, I did not know this tune when it first came along in 2007, but a few weeks ago, one day I saw some music videos on Facebook that someone had sent me links for, and I liked a lot of what I saw and heard, including this one and the one from last week. Growing up as a Fab Four fan in the 1960s, I of course have an interest in any Paul music I haven't heard, and this ride definitely fits in quite well with his repertoire. As someone who also has a mandolin in my instrument collection, and has periodically cruised up and down its keyboard, I truly enjoyed the opening video sequence of the instrument delivery. Though I can't say when it might happen, I do hope that we can get beyond this pandemic situation at some point in the near future, and then everybody's gonna dance around, everybody's gonna hit the ground, everybody's gonna stamp their feet, everybody's gonna feel the beat, everybody's gonna jump and shout, everybody's gonna sing it out. I look forward to the moment when we can know that everybody's gonna dance tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment