Sunday, November 15, 2020

Moving Beyond Unnecessary Restrictions

 Song 538: This week the playlist comes around to Turn Me Loose by Loverboy, written by Paul Dean and Mike Reno, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. If this cut got my attention back in the era when it showed up in 1980, or any time thereafter, I honestly don't remember. About a month ago, someone on Facebook sent me a link to the YT video, and when I watched it, it really made my day. I truly enjoyed the entertaining old black and white movie clips, but I also genuinely relished the musical jaunt, and the way the band enlivens it themselves in their moving segments. As a musician, I feel like I'm here to please and sometimes I'm even on my knees, but of course, I gotta do it my way, even when I wanna fly, so anyone who ever tried to tie me down would need to Turn Me Loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment