Sunday, June 16, 2019

A Warning About Dangerous Places


Song 464: This week on the playlist you can hear Don’t Go Near the Water by Sammy Kershaw, written by Chapin Hartford and Jim Foster, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. The New Country bunch promoted by the NYC country music station that I listened to in the early 1990s sounded to me like an updated version of the mid-1970s country rock scene, with this entertaining 45 being a prime example. I liked it so much that I got a copy of the record, and when I acquired my first iPod a decade and a half later, I soon created a playlist of favorite 1990s tracks which included this one. To this day, I still enjoy being reminded that with a lover, you can fall right in way over your head, and you can sho 'nuff get your feet wet, but you don't have to go near the water to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment