Sunday, June 23, 2019

A Strong Desire to Move


Song 465: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week the playlist features All I Want to Do is Dance by my buddy John Sonntag, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I hung out with John a lot back around the turn of the 1990s, to the point where we even considered forming a musical partnership. This cut appears on his 1996 album One More Midnight and I remember him performing it a few times during appearances at small clubs and coffeehouses a number of years before the CD release. I thought the tune sounded pretty good then, with just his voice and acoustic guitar, and when I hear it now, All I Want to Do is Dance. Perhaps I'm not supposed to feel this way, but then, there ain't nothing here to hide, so maybe I should take someone in my arms and sway, and maybe you might want to do that as well when you listen to the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment