Sunday, April 28, 2019

A Light Touch of Romance


Song 457: This week the playlist comes around to Peaceful Easy Feeling by The Eagles, written by Jack Tempshin, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Hearing the Eagles' debut single take over the airwaves while driving cross-country in the early summer of 1972, I didn't get too excited by the tune, though I did like its country-rock tonality. However, not long after, I starting hearing this cut, which I liked a lot better. I soon learned to play and sing this piece, and it became a regular number that I often shared during music circle gatherings and exchanges. In that era, being in my twenties, I had already learned what a woman can do to your soul, so now and then, I might meet a female and get this feeling that I could know her as a lover and a friend, while also having this voice keep whispering in my other ear, telling me I might never see her again. As a young man, I truly relished the musical Peaceful Easy Feeling of simply following a romantic road wherever it might lead, whether up or down.

No comments:

Post a Comment