Sunday, October 15, 2023

Freshly-adorned Aged Footwear

 Song 689:  Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's lively stroll Brand New Laces (Same Old Shoes) comes from my Boston-area buddy Terry Kitchen, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. It appears on his 2021 CD Lost Songs, which he sent me a copy of soon after he got it released. While Don't Kick the Cat (Song 584) got the biggest share of my attention during the initial spins of the disc, this ramble also stirred some notice as well, with Rebecca Lynch doing the lead vocal on it, instead of Terry. There's a thousand explanations for his absence at the mic, maybe there's a hundred reasons why he couldn't vocalize, and I don't yet know the details, so right now I can't say who's the one out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment