Sunday, July 23, 2023

Nitwit Statement

Song 677: This week the playlist comes around to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra and Frank Sinatra, written by C. Carson Parks., and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I never cared at all about Mr. Frank, but I did like a couple of tunes that came from his daughter Nancy, including the one where she explained that These Boots Are Made for Walkin' (Song 352), and when she put out a 45 in the spring of my sophomore HS year that she did with her father in early 1967, I really relished that one too. During that stretch, one of my HS classes did a visit to NYC that I participated in, and I don't recall the reason for the excursion or its primary focus, but I do know that it had some connection with Times Square, and that we students had some free time to explore the area. In doing so, I walked by a clothes store that had a radio playing, and I heard this song as I hung out by the place, with the tune giving me a good excuse to linger there. I had also heard the bus radio play the piece at least once on the 4-hour trip to Manhattan, I think I heard it again on the way back upstate, and it felt fine every time the father/daughter duo crossed my ears. On that ride, the stars did get red and the night was so blue but I didn't see expressing affection for someone as being a sign of ignorance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment