Sunday, July 9, 2023

An Issue With the Stretch

 Song 675: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's engaging ramble Matter of Time comes from one of my East Bay colleagues Jim Bruno, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. He still lives in the SF region where I met him back in 1978. He and his musical partner had both moved to The West Coast from IL, just as I had and around the time I did. Soon after I started hanging out at the Berkeley pizza joint, I mentioned to him that his duo might enjoy that scene, but their first evening there did not get much notice, though I never understood why. I did suggest a few months later that they give it another try, and when they did, they got a lot more attention and they soon joined the circle. I liked plenty of Jim's songs that I heard during that stretch, though I don't recall this one crossing my ears at the time. At some point in late 2016, I followed a suggestion I heard from a CD Baby podcast about joining SoundCloud and doing a monthly release, and by doing so, I came across a few personal friend releases, including this moving ride, which eventually became the automatic followup that I hear after checking and listening to my upload. Having heard it as often as I have in the past few years, it has definitely risen on my radar. I do think it's a good idea to keep your eyes on the road but also remember that the end is confusing and it's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment