Sunday, December 26, 2021

Historic Memorable Evening

 Song 595: This week on the playlist you’ll find December, 1963 (Oh What a Night) by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, written by Bob Gaudio and Judy Parker, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. Now at the last week of the year and in the first week of the winter season, we can celebrate by picking a hit with December in its title. This chart topper brightened the winter of 1976, and I remember shivering so much in the freezing Chicago temperatures of that stretch while at the same time learning about the milder climate of the SF Bay Area, leading me to plan on making a western move in the coming summer, though tooth problems would lead to a 2-year delay in that trip. With frost on the apartment windows, I could savor riding along an energetic heated amorous lyrical jaunt. Hearing it, sometimes I felt a rush like a rolling bolt of thunder spinning my head around and taking my body under, making it a very special time for me, whether or not it ended much too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment