Sunday, July 19, 2020

Acting Out of Mutual Concern

Song 521: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's absorbing composition We Are Each Other's Angels comes from my old Bay Area buddy Chuck Brodsky, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I hung out with a Berkeley, CA, singer-songwriter circle for about 10 years, from the late summer of 1978 to the late summer of 1988, and Chuck joined that group during the latter half of my era there, around 1984 or 1985. This particular tune got everyone's attention when we all first heard it, and rightly so, I thought, though he also had another one called Blow 'em Away (Song 45) that quickly moved my needle as well. In light of the current pandemic situation, I'd say this piece fits the present moment quite appropriately. Sometimes you'll stumble, whereas, sometimes you'll just lie down, and then, sometimes you'll get lonely, even with all these people around. Seeing the big question mark on the horizon, You might shiver when the wind blows, and possibly, you might get blown away, but truly, We are each other's angels, we meet when it is time. Doing so, we keep each other going and we show each other signs. We will get through this troubling scene, and we will do so together.

No comments:

Post a Comment