Sunday, August 11, 2019

An Unwelcome Animal Intruder


Song 472: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's entertaining opus The Weasel comes from one of my Fast Folk colleagues, Wendy Beckerman, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. When the January 1995 FF Bottom Line show rolled around, I no longer hung out with that bunch, so I didn't get to hear this track, or the rest of the album, when it came along, although, ironically, by the middle of the following year, I ended up doing the layout work for the final handful of FF issues. Wendy had shared a few memorable pieces at the weekly songwriter gatherings on Houston Street back when I did make that scene, though I don't recall hearing this tune there, but I quickly developed an appreciation for her work, and I'd say this composition showcases her talents quite well. Perhaps you already knew that the weasel is a slender active carnivorous mammal, but maybe you didn’t know, until you heard this track, that there's a weasel in the house of monogamy.


No comments:

Post a Comment