Sunday, December 2, 2018

A Fellow With Remarkable Qualities


Song 436: The week on the playlist you can meet Magic Man by Heart, written by Ann and Nancy Wilson, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. As RnR essentially lost its artistic edge around the turn of the 1970s, Heart really lit up the airwaves in the middle of the decade as one of a handful of shining stars flying over a sea of dull commerciality. I well remember discussing the Wilson sisters' glittering new gem with a good friend during a local bus ride in Chicago (back before I owned a car). Of course, being a young guy in my 20s at the time, I fantasized about a woman of Ann's or Nancy's calibre looking at me, saying she Had never seen eyes so blue and then, soon becoming her Magic Man. I also smiled every time I heard the suggestive line about how He's got the magic hands! Looking back, Well, summer lover passed to fall, and now, inside the months of moon Never think of never Let this spell last forever - it has, after all, lasted over 4 decades so far, so Try try try to understand, if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment