Sunday, December 9, 2018

An Enjoyable Place to Spend Some Time


Song 437: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week the playlist comes around to Happy Little World by my friend Chuck Brodsky, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. This Chuck track always makes me smile. We met during the final year or two of my decade in the Bay Area, and I learned one of his numbers which I truly relish entitled Blow 'em Away (Song 45). Though I seldom do covers while performing, I made an exception with that tune, and have sometimes included it in otherwise all-original sets. I would discover this cut back in the winter of 2017 when I decided to put together a Spotify playlist called Me and My Songwriter Friends (which you can hear by clicking on the title), and if you listen to that collection, I guarantee this piece will raise your spirits when it comes along. I keep in touch with Chuck, even though we haven't seen each other since a chance encounter at The Nameless Coffeehouse in Cambridge during the mid-1990s, and who's to say what's real, but the next time I contact him, I plan to tell him that he really did come up with a pearl when he decided to tell us about his Happy Little World.

No comments:

Post a Comment