Song 830: This week the playlist showcases If She Knew What She Wants by The Bangles, written by Jules Shear, and you can find a cool YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. While I had, by my mid-twenties, gotten beyond many of the male supremacist ideas that I inherited growing up in the 1950s and 1960s, in the spring of 1986, a female quartet proved that their gender could rock just as strongly and compellingly as my side of the divide. Initially, I think it did surprise me, but I really liked hearing them making their lively points. Around seven years earlier, ! had gotten crazy for this girl in that neighborhood, and if she knew what she wanted back then, I would have tried giving it to her. I found out, though, that she had so many ideas traveling around in her head that she didn't need anything from mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment