Sunday, August 4, 2024

Focused Recollection

 Song 731: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's stirring vision Forget Me Not comes from another one of my Fast Folk colleagues, Jack Hardy. In fact, Jack was essentially the leader of FF, and this actually marks the first time I've included him in this collection. During the late 1980s and early 1990s, I regularly visited Jack's apartment on Houston St. in Manhattan once a week, along with many others of the group, as we shared our most recent anthems and did critiques of each other's work. I really respected him doing what he did for the organization, and though he left the land of the living in 2011, those of us who had been part of that circle will not forget him and the role he played in our past. However, we also might possibly hear another voice in time, before or after summer's end, that sounds as blue as his once did.

No comments:

Post a Comment