Sunday, January 21, 2024

Greatly Submerged

 Song 703: Seven weeks after my previous personal friend song post, this week's captivating dive In So Deep comes from another one of my Fast Folk colleagues, Wendy Beckerman, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. She performed the tune at the 1991 FF show at The Bottom Line, and that's the source for the recording on the YT video. I rarely went to those shows, which the group regularly did once a year, so I probably didn't hear it then, but I did hear her do it at one of our other gatherings - possibly I might have witnessed her introduce the piece to the group at Jack Hardy's apartment where, during a weekly meeting, we would all share our shiny new ramblings with each other. Given the romantic attachment that Ms. B had with a prominent member of the circle, I can understand how she got in so deep she didn't know how to get out, even by using a broom that she had in hand to sweep the weekly dusting of doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment