Sunday, June 4, 2023

Within Turquoise Vision

 Song 670: This week on the playlist you can hear Behind Blue Eyes by The Who, written by Pete Townshend, and you can find an entertaining YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. After spending the middle of 1971 working as a summer missionary at a Southern Baptist Church center on The Strip in Atlanta, GA, I briefly visited my parents in upstate NY and then returned to the Evanston, IL, apartment that I shared with my college buddies. As the summer ended, Who's Next started grabbing everyone's ears, with Won't Get Fooled Again (Song 536) sparking the brightest spotlight. During that stretch, I got introduced to a very attractive female who I soon began a romance with, and we spent a lot of time looking at each other while this third Who's Next hit 45 rode the airwaves. My sight comes from a pair of Steely Blues, which I outline in my Elder Statesman song that has that title, and which you can see and hear a YouTube Lyric Video of by clicking on the title. However, according to my memory, my romantic partner from that era had blue-green eyes, showing a different tone from mine. I really liked the way her eyes looked, and also, she soon showed that she had a natural talent for how to keep me warm, even in those frigid Chicago-area Windy City winter months, so during our times together, never would I shiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment