Sunday, April 30, 2023

Feline Vines

 Song 665: This week the playlist features Pussywillows, Cat-Tails by Gordon Lightfoot, who also wrote the song, and you can find a YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. At the start of my sophomore college year in the fall of 1970, I slowly expanded my LP collection of fellow singer/songwriter types. I had essentially evolved my own personal creative musical style during that summer, and along the school year stretch, I got to hear and know a lot more about some leading folkies. After I added the Did She Mention My Name? disc to my batch, I gave it plenty of spins on the turntable, and the Gordon guy probably influenced my sounding direction the most, although a certain Zimmerman person also played a major role in it as well. Over the frigid Chicago-area winter months, I got shivering and quivering a few times, but I also began an unexpected romance when my lips touched the soft lips of someone who I had been just friends with previously. Then, as the warm breath of spring started to come along, the fling surprisingly ended, but despite that sad development, I would continue remembering the promise of spring. Now, 5 decades later, I can still appreciate the inspiration coming from melodic fingertips resting in my soul. On a side note, this marks the second appearance of a Did She Mention My Name? gem in this bunch - I highlighted Boss Man as Song 614 back in early May of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment