Sunday, May 2, 2021

Limited Desires

 Song 562: This week the playlist applauds All I Want by Toad the Wet Sprocket, written by Todd Nichols, Glen Phillips, Dean Dinning and Randy Guss, and you can find an entertaining YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. I don't recall exactly when the Toad crew first crossed my radar, but as the 1990s unfolded, soon enough, so did my interest in this bunch, although I will readily admit that I did not know until earlier today how the group evidently got its name from a Monty Python bit - I learned that entertaining twist thanks to a Facebook post featuring the Monty Python folks. This marks the third Toad appearance on this list, following Something's Always Wrong at #102 and I Will Not Take These Things For Granted at #118. The latter of those two enlivened the Toad CD Fear which also included tonight's track. As someone who has focused on sound for much of life, I can confirm that nothing's so loud as hearing when we lie and I can verify the fact that the truth is not kind. However, I additionally understand that nothing's so cold as closing the heart when all we need is to free the soul. While a lot of question marks still hang in the air regarding the current pandemic, whatever happens will be, and though the air speaks of all we'll never be, hopefully it won't trouble me.

No comments:

Post a Comment