Sunday, February 28, 2021

Observe Yours Truly

 Song 553: This week the playlist puts the spotlight on Watch Me by Lorrie Morgan, written by Tom Shapiro and Gary Burr, and you can find a really entertaining YouTube video of it by clicking on the title. In the early 1990s, the NYC country music radio station introduced me to Ms. Morgan's rambles, and I soon added to my collection the LP that glowed with this hit as its title track. That vinyl disc became a regular spinner on my turntable, and this marks her second appearance on this list, with her follow-up single What Part of No (which also shows up on that 33) shining as Song 499 - you can find the blog about that cut here. Both of these jaunts express an assertive POV that Lorrie conveys in a strongly convincing and amusing way - need I say more? Unfortunately, in the current pandemic situation, there are probably a lot of people who might want to say, The more I needed, the less you gave, I guess you thought that it worked that way. Hopefully we'll reach a point in the near future where the major issues get resolved in a positive way - please don't tell me that it can't be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment